Vintage Pyrex



Since I have no home of my own that needs furnishing, I have just been day dreaming about our future house, or rather - torturing myself by combing CL ads for rentals and Mid-century modern furniture to furnish said imaginary house. It is so very frustrating though to see all this cool stuff that I just can't buy! I have even thought that if I came across something that was just too good to pass up and the price was right, then I would stash it in our storage space. But alas, that is already jam packed from floor to ceiling and there is no way we could fit even the smallest side table (well, maybe just one side table) and a coupla boxes.

Itching to buy something "vintage" for our future house that was easy to collect and store in our storage space, I came across this this Vintage Pyrex on CL and fell in love! I am already a bit of a Pyrex hoarding, as I already have a box of unopened bake-and-store Pyrex in our storage space. But "Vintage Pyrex" -- that is a whole new world that I have just discovered. There is even a cute website called Pyrex Love that is dedicated to Vintage Pyrex and it even has a list of all the Vintage Pyrex Patterns you might come across.

So while I enviously watch you all furnish your homes with beautiful Mid-century modern furniture, I'll be over here in the corner (sigh)... collecting my Vintage Pyrex and stashing it away in our storage space like an old hoarding Granny! I might as well work on my Owl Collection, too, while I'm add it!

2 comments:

Rach, A Curious Dreamer and CL Addict said...

I love this vintage Pyrex! How much did you "steal" it for? You made me jealous if that makes you feel any better. Yes, you should start hoarding owls and mushrooms for your future MCM house!

Kasey said...

Enough with the owls and mushrooms, already! There has to be something cooler and less dated to collect. You can only take MCM so far before it just gets weird. haha.

My grandma had a lot of this vintage Pyrex and it just makes me happy to see it. I love it!

Post a Comment