Happiness is Treasure Hunting on Craigslist

This blog is being started by me (Rachel), a Craigslist addict, and my two girlfriends, Kasey and Deanna, also Craigslist addicts.

Since moving into a new rental home and getting very excited about designinig the interior, I started to realize I've been spending way too much time on CL. My husband finally set me up with a feed that searches certain terms and when it comes up under "Furniture For Sale - By Owner" it emails me the listing so that I won't feel compelled to go onto CL every waking minute. The feed has worked great as I've gotten some stinkin' deals recently. I'm almost done furnishing my house. This is very sad for me. :(

I know I'm not the only one afflicted by the menace I like to call CLS (Craigslist Syndrome). My girlfriends Kasey and Deanna have also gone crazy over Danish Modern and retro furniture as all of us have recently moved into new houses and gotten the redecorating bug. We enjoy sharing the comraderie and competition because we understand each other's addiction to finding a great furniture bargain. We also realize our significant others may leave us and file for divorce if we emailed them about each and every posting we liked.

I thought at first of starting up a Craigslist support group on Facebook, as a joke but also not a joke, because it would be a place where others could post about their recent finds, items they are pondering, or woes (if someone got that chair or table before you did...that's happened to me before and it sucks).

Kasey proposed we start a shared blog where we could post cool items we see, giving us an outlet for our CL addictions and an excuse to waste more of our precious time. Ha! Her postings will be from the CL in Portland, OR and mine and Deanna's will be from San Diego, CA.

This explains the birth of our blog. We will post anything cool, fresh, modern, retro, antique, or unique on CL as well as any artsy goings-on in our communities. We hope you all enjoy it, especially if you live in either locales and have been hit by the Danish Modern Retro bug too! Perhaps you will benefit from this blog as much as we will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment