My New Danish Modern Cedar Hope Chest



I picked this up today from CL for $65. When I got home I realized it was in need of a lot of work. I made a quick trip to Home Depot and bought a Minwax Stain Marker and Restor-it (a cream furniture polish). The Restor-it worked wonders. The chest was so dusty and dull but after I used this product the warm tones of the wood really came out.

It still needs to be sanded down. The most damage is on the top. I decided right now I don't have the energy or time for a project like this so I just touched it up with the Stain Marker, threw a brown throw over the top of it and tried to make it cute with some throw pillows. What do you think?

Unfortunately, the chest didn't look so good at the foot of our bed since it stands taller than our low platform bed. The only other spot in the whole house would be below the window. I had to move out that reading chair I had there and moved it next to its pair in the living room.

1 comments:

Kasey said...

You'll get to it, and then you can resell it if you don't have a place for it. It's so cute. I love your throw pillows too.

Post a Comment